The idea of having a small coffee shop can be successful if you invest in the best espresso machine for small businesses. You might disagree and believe that your espresso machine for your home can give you quite tasty coffee in your shop so why you should spend more but wait. A commercial espresso machine comes with speed, auto shut off, self-cleaning, and maintenance features and saves your time and money in the longer run.
As one satisfied customer brings ten more, what if your cafe is flooded with espresso lovers and you are giving one cup in ten minutes. Yes, here comes the commercial espresso machines that come in small sizes but deliver quality and quantity at the same time.
Convinced enough? Now comes the point where you think of having top rated commercial espresso machine for small businesses but can’t figure out which one can fulfill your needs.
Let me help you here as I have spent 2 years in this business and after wasting 1000s of dollars I came up with a list of the best commercial espresso machines that can suit a cafe or a coffee shop owner.
Don’t forget to read the complete buyer’s guide to have an idea that what factors you must look into before having one.
1. Nuova Simonelli Musica Volumetric Espresso Machine: Best Overall
- Dimension: 16 x 12.75 x 16.75 inches
- Weight:90 pounds
- Wattage: 1200 watts
- Warranty: 2 years.
This machine features a programmed volumetric system along with manual dosing. So for customers who desire a custom espresso, you can easily shift to manual usage. The volumetric control program can be used via single and double buttons for better and efficient performance. Furthermore, the Musica espresso machine ensures stable temperature for precise extraction. Not only that but the simplicity of this machine is admirable. For beginners and for those who lack the quality of a barista then no worries, with the Musica volumetric control and advanced functions and features, the brewing becomes easy and fun. Furthermore, this machine is the right size taking up a little counter space but providing a quality espresso drink with its perfect capacity and simplified features.
- LOW POWER INPUT: The featured led lights provide a vibrant and great look to any coffee shop.
- HIGH STEAM POWER: The steam ensures consistency for heat and frothing milk in espresso drinks.
- HIGH CAPACITY: 3L water tank capacity gives amazing storage for multiple coffee cups.
- PRE INFUSION SYSTEM: Ensuring even absorption of water for brewing.
FINAL WORDS: With the easy-to-use Musica espresso machine anyone can learn how to make a cappuccino or Americano for starting a small business. Whether you have a busy line of customers or any event in your cafe this machine will ensure the quality of espresso without any requirement of hard work. The compact size, and professional quality of NuovaSimonelliMusica features allow anyone to serve delicious espressos and creamy cappuccinos.
2. La Pavoni Commercial espresso machine: Best espresso machine for coffee shop
- Dimensions: 31 x 21 x 21 inches
- Item weight: 139 pounds.
- Capacity: 14 liters
- Human interface input: Buttons
- Wattage: 4370 watts
- Power: 230V
La Pavoni commercial espresso machine is worthy for small businesses. With its automated coffee dosing feature, you can serve customers after customers. Even during rush hours, the four espresso volume settings and dual pressure gauge make pleasing drinks without any compromise. Furthermore, the pre-infusion system allows balanced shots of espresso. In addition to all this, the 2nd steam wand and water softener is a very logical feature introduced in an espresso machine. Not only that but the machine’s pushbuttons are available for hot water jets, each unit of the La Pavoni espresso machine comes with two steam jets. Also with its high capacity, it can serve more than 200 customers a day with the best espresso. Plus Not to worry about hygiene with the copper-built boiler of La Pavoni which is antibacterial and safe.
- Power Switch: The power switch helps reduction of energy consumption when there are few customers.
- Anti Vacuum Valve: 2 Professional steam wands prevent any clog. This helps in the long-term functionality of the espresso machines.
- Thermal Stability: You can easily have a consistent temperature all the time as it features thermal stability. This also gives a fresh-tasting coffee!
- Water Softener: Built-in Water softener is all you need to soften the hard water for perfect use.
La Pavoni commercial espresso machine with the latest techniques and features is a worthy option for a small business. Not only does it come with four cup sizes, high capacity but also energy-saving features saving you from high bills. Along with the thermal stability and pre-infusion, the consistency remains maintained As well.
3. Rancilio Silvia: Best compact espresso machine for small business
- Dimensions: 13.4 x 11.4 x 9.2 inches
- Weight: 30 pounds
- Materials: Stainless steel
- Wattage: 1100 watts.
- Milk frother: Yes
- Warranty: 1 year
Rancilio Silvia is designed with unique features making it not only usable at homes or offices but also commercially, providing a satisfactory performance and making a shot of coffee one desires. The Rancilio Silvia is available in two versions Silvia pro and Silvia pro x both have a dual boiler system that maintains the heat consistency even after dispensing shot after shot. Not only that but also there is an independent temperature regulatory system maintaining the temperature stability and making this machine one of the best machines for your small shop. Moreover, with a removable Water Reservoir, Cup tray, and Drip Tray, it is easy to clean the machine on busy days. In addition, it is available in 3 different colors; silver, black and white which is suitable for good shop décor as well. The Silvia features a multidirectional steam wand and steam knob for grade milk frothing and making milk beverages to be made with ease and flavorful.
- Efficient: The Silvia features a multidirectional steam wand and steam knob for grade milk frothing and making milk beverages to be made with ease.
- Monitoring System: Thermostats provide protection and minimize the risk of overheating.
- Capacious: High water tank capacity is featured to increase your number of coffee shots.
- Barista Quality: Non-pressurized portafilter and tamper are present so you can handle the machine professionally.
- Additional Supplement: Optional pod and capsule adaptor kit available.
Silvia is worth every penny for you if you want to serve the best espresso quality. It gives you a strong coffee and powerful flavor and texture which will make your customers’ day just perfect. Looking for a balance between coffee, grind, and weight? Silvia ensures everything, making your and your customers’ coffee experience fun.
4. Jura WE8 Professional Automatic Coffee Machine-Best professional espresso machine for business
- Capacity: 6.3 pounds
- Size: 101 oz
- Color: Chrome
- Human interface input: Buttons
Jura s8 espresso machine is fully automated with a color touch screen and remarkably easy to use. With this espresso machine, you can brew upto fifteen tasteful drinks without any trouble including espresso, cappuccino, latte, and more. Furthermore, the foam frother creates the fine-textured milk foam for latte macchiato and other specialties. This machine also makes sure to optimize extraction time for better consistency. It gives options to personalize the temperature of your drink. Not only that but volume, temperature, and coffee strength can be easily customized. The only irritating thing can be continuous rinsing but you can take it as a positive hygienic feature as well. Other than that this espresso machine prepares worthy coffee specialties by just one touch, in less than 60 seconds.
- Customer Count: The day counter can be reset accordingly. This way you can keep count of your customer.
- Grinder: G3 burr grinder provides consistent bean grinding for better quality coffee.
- Modified System: Dual coffee spouts and hot water spouts can be adjusted easily.
- Standardized: Adjustable brewing strengths, volumes, and height.
This automated espresso gives a delicious cup of coffee within a few seconds. Easy to use, adjustable features and rich milk foam producing Jura we8 is a good choice for small businesses. Also integrated programs of rinsing and cleaning the machine just lessen the hassle. Prepare your professional cup of espresso at a fraction of the cost. The high price may seem like a deal-breaker in the first place but it’s worth having in your cafe.
5. DeLonghi LA Specialista EC9335M with Sensor Grinder-Best coffee machine for business
- Material: Stainless steel
- Interface Input: Buttons
- Item weight: 29.7 Pounds
- Warranty: 2 Year Warranty
Delonghi la specialist dual heating machine is a prime choice for your small business. The dual heating system saves you from waiting between brewing espresso. And frothing milk ensures time management so your customers can be served without wasting much time. The integrated grinder gives consistent and precise grinding for fresh and flavorful espresso every time. Furthermore, the machine features temperature control to provide ideal temperature and stability for coffee extraction. The stylish and elegant stainless steel look gives your shop a beautiful look as well attracting many customers. Further, you can easily brew the coffee with accurate pressure. Not only that but it comes with a bean sensor that keeps track of coffee beans. In addition to all this, the machine is fast with a 1-second quick-start power feature. The only downside can be a little weak cream but other than that milk pitcher, and cleaning brush gives you hygiene assurance.
- Active Temperature Control: Optimal temperature control for stability and extraction of coffee.
- Latte System: Microfoam frothing for Latte Art or froth for cappuccino, whipping perfectly.
- Size for Cups: 2 cup height options available measuring 3.15 and 4.72 inches.
- Originality: Hot water spout for Americano.
- Easy to Use: The installation and usage of this machine is very simple, it can be easily handled without any inconvenience.
This espresso machine for small businesses provides precise grind size and perfect temperature is the best possible way to please your customers. Nonetheless, it does not compromise texture.
6. BREVILLE THE BARISTA TOUCH-Best espresso machine for a small coffee shop
- Type: Automatic
- Dimensions: 12.7 x 15.5 x 16 inch
- Weight: 27.6 lb
- Voltage: 110-120volts.
- Wattage: 1680 watts
- Warranty: 2 years
Breville the barista touch is one of the finest coffee machines giving the best espresso in less than a minute. It has fine adjustments options by dials provided on the machine. Furthermore, the grinder functions effortlessly to give you fine coffee. The dosage amount and grind size remain consistent. In addition to that, barista pro provides easy directing from single to double dose. It also allows you to adjust your espresso shot volume. The other coffee machines often heat up within a minute or two but, in The Barista touch, the heat-up completes within 3 seconds. The water tank in this machine holds a large amount of water, not only that but it even informs you when it’s time to fill up.
Also, you can easily adjust the coffee strength according to your customer’s preferences and allow them to save the coffee with their unique name. Also, the addition of eight different types of espresso drinks on command can be achieved. With any other espresso machine, you’ll notice that the second shot is often bitter and not as appealing as the first shot. With this machine, you can descend a double shot, steam the milk, and then pull another double shot without any difference in taste ensuring perfect taste for your customers. It is an easy usage machine but it will blow milk out of your frothing cup if you don’t position the nozzle carefully, so reading the instructions is necessary.
- Advance Feature: You can select drinks from the in-built menu that comes with a display of espresso machine
- Rapid Heating System: A precise extraction temperature can be achieved in just 3 seconds. In addition, temperature control allows the ideal temperature for the coffee.
- Dose Control Grinding: The featured burr grinder provides sufficient coffee with excellent flavor.
- Milk Texturing: The auto steam wand provides perfect texture micro-foam milk enhancing the flavor and allowing you to create your designs.
If you want to experience and start a new business while you love drinking coffee as well then this small commercial espresso machine is perfect for you to start experimenting and learning how to use the steam wand and make your and your customers’ cup of coffee exciting. If your customer is in a hurry, a barista touch with a fast-heating process will help your customer to get coffee just in time.
7. GAGGIA CLASSIC:-Best small commercial espresso machine for a small cafe
- Dimensions: 8 x 9.5 x 14.2 inches / 23 x 38 x 24cm
- Number of filters: 3
- Human interface filter: button
- Steam wand: Yes
- Water tank: 2.2 quarts / 2.1 liters
- Wattage: 1500 watts
Simple to use, Gaggia classic includes filters for brewing single as well as a double espresso. Gaggia classic is quite Compact with a stylish and well-built design. Not only that but It’s also available in a variety of color ranges such as black, red, gray and more. Furthermore, breve ( espresso and a blend of half whole milk and half light cream) and lungo (full cup) produce a rich crema. In addition, this espresso machine also provides automatic adjustment ensuring a delightful aroma and taste. Also with the high capacity water tank of Gaggia classic one can get two cups of coffee at a time.
Includes a steam wand for perfect textured milk for numerous kinds of coffees as per customer’s preference. Gaggia Classic is a quality choice for serving a desired cup of espresso in as little time as possible. The espresso machine takes upto 23 seconds for brewing.
Moreover, it contains a rocker switch that permits you to control the amount of water you want to use and you can personalize the volume of coffee you want the machine to dispense. Even though Easy Serving Espresso (ESE) pods make it quicker and easier than using ground coffee – but, perhaps coffee with freshly ground beans still can’t be beaten. Also, the Gaggia does not create any mess while pouring the coffee. Frothing milk is also very easy with the “steam” button available. Furthermore, there’s an adjustable standby setting (15 minutes to several hours), if the machine is not in use it undergoes a self-clean cycle and turns off shortly.
- Diverse Filter: As well as a single and double espresso filter, an additional filter is featured for thick crema for the coffee.
- Well Built: The Gaggia Classic is a well-built appliance and is an eye-catcher for your shop.
- Integrated Steam Wand: With a built-in steam wand it is easy to prepare your coffee in no time.
- Maintenance: The grinder can be easily removed for cleaning purposes.
- Pre Programmed Feature: It has standby mode and switches off after one hour of being idle.
This espresso machine for cafes is best for you if you want a perfect brewed coffee for your customers visiting your cafe . . Furthermore it is ideal for serving milk-based coffee. If you don’t want to waste time steaming your milk for coffee, then don’t worry Gaggia classic will do the job for you!
8. Mr. Coffee Espresso and Cappuccino Maker-Cheapest Commercial Espresso Machine
- Dimension: 11.22 x 8.86 x 12.6 inches
- Human interface input: button
- Material: Stainless steel
- Weight: 10.38 pounds
- Water tank: Removable
For people wondering and wishing to give your customers espresso with a home touch than Mr. Coffee cafe barista semi-automatic espresso machine is the economical choice. The Mr coffee cafe is a 3 in 1 espresso machine serving espresso, cappuccino, and latte with a 15 bar pump system designed to serve delicious and powerfully pleasant coffee. The one-touch panel comes with a customization button keeping your customer’s preferences on top. Not only that but you can choose single or double shot espresso with the controls as well. The milk froths automatically when one pushes the latte or cappuccino button. Furthermore, the removable milk reservoir makes it easy to store the remaining milk.
Mr coffee is easy to use and much affordable ensuring the quality of Breville and Gaggia with simple controls. The only downside is that Mr coffee is not very consistent when it comes to brewing, under-extracted or over-extracted coffee can be seen. But if maintained properly and read the instructions carefully, you can handle the espresso machine in a better and controlled manner.
Organized: Automatically froths milk for cappuccino and latte.
Easy Usage: One-touch control panel available.
Accessories: Measuring scoop and filter for single and double espresso for consistent espresso.
Recipe Book: includes recipe book for creative coffee drinks and bulk in your menu.
Mr coffee is very convenient and serves everyone’s favorite cup of coffee at less workload. A straightforward touch feature comes in handy when you have a busy rush hour. This machine is elegant and suitable for small businesses.
9. LA SPAZIALE S1 VIVALDI II-Best Value commercial espresso machine.
Dimensions: 16.5 x 16.5 x 15 inches
Output capacity: 20 espressos per hr.
La Spaziale is a well-designed machine for small businesses, cafes, and small restaurants. This machine comes with many features including dual boilers, direct plumbing, and refilling features. The dual boiler minimizes time wastage by brewing and steaming the milk simultaneously. Vivaldi II has direct plumbing features for water reservoir refilling so you can give your customers time. Furthermore, it is featured with pre-infusion time and volume control maintaining stability. Also, the machine maintains the ideal temperature and heats immortality. In addition, with the LED display feature of la spaziale one can set the temperature upto 1°C(33.8F). Also, the steam wand is available along with a hot water dispenser next to it. The rotator pump ensures no noise production during grinding keeping your shop environment noise pollution-free. Lastly, Vivaldi II comes in different colors such as walnut, cherry, and red giving your cafe an elegant classic look.
- Dual Boiler: One for steaming milk and brewing espresso can be done at the same time.
Temperature Adjustment: Precise temperature control available.
Alarm System: Featured alarm system helps in monitoring your machine.
Predictive Ability: Informs and diagnoses the problem if any.
For your small business that gives you multiple features at less cost than this LA SPAZIALE S1 VIVALDI II is a quality espresso machine. The dual boiler, volume, and temperature control allow you to serve professional espresso.
These days there are a lot of espresso machines available in markets with versatile features. They can be manual, semi-automatic, fully automated, or pod machines as well. While Selecting a suitable espresso machine for your small business, some key factors should be taken under consideration. If the machine does not fit your needs then the outcome won’t be as expected. Even the internet access to the reviews and the guidance videos will not help if you choose the wrong espresso machine. For buying an espresso machine one should consider a few things including how much effort you want to put in brewing, the capacity, and size of the machine, time management, and various options.
Here are listed things that should be considered before choosing an espresso machine for your business :
- Type of espresso machine:
The days that needed professional Baristas to brew coffee are long gone. The latest technology gives you options to choose from. You can decide between automatic or semi-automatic espresso machines. People who want to enjoy the brewing process can opt for semi-automatic espresso machines. Whereas people who want to save time can choose an automatic espresso machine as it gives ready-made coffee requiring no manual work.
Next, the capacity of an espresso machine is necessary to look upon. Even if it’s a small business, you should have enough capacity for several customers. The boiler should have the capacity to give 3 to 4 cups of coffee. A get-to-go machine having only a single-cup capacity is not recommended for business even for small ones.
Make sure that the size goes well with your business area or shop. If you can’t accommodate the espresso machine in your shop or cafe, you have to install it outside of your shop, which may add up to extra cost.
- Low- maintenance and user-friendly:
We recommend buying an espresso machine that can be maintained easily. Automatic cleaning espresso machines are preferred more. Also, look into an espresso that has easy-to-use options so you do not get confused while using it. If your espresso is high maintenance it will cost more for repairing fees and spare parts. So for a better experience and money-saving option, get a low-maintenance espresso machine.
We hope you find the best espresso machine that fulfills your needs and makes you run your business smoothly. Also, to know which are the factors you need to look into before choosing one are given above. To summarize, our top three recommendations are:
- Best overall: Nuova Simonelli Musica Volumetric is famous for its heavy-duty weight, 3-liter water tank capacity with fast and speedy brewing features.
- Best low price espresso machine: Mr. Coffee Espresso and Cappuccino Maker is the cheapest espresso and cappuccino maker for commercial use.
- What is the market price of a commercial espresso machine?
ANS: Minimum range of Commercial espresso machines starts from $5,000 up to the range of $30,000.
- How many years can an espresso machine function properly?
ANS: If taken care of, commercial espresso machines can last up to 7 to 10 years. The espresso machine is made in such a way as to avoid any hindrance and less renovation required.
- What is the optimum temperature range in an espresso machine?
ANS: As the Water temperature is important for a good cup of espresso, many automatic espresso machines deliver water within a range of 90-96°C (195-205°F).
- Do commercial espresso machines require plumbing?
ANS: Most of the commercial espresso machines are built in a way that they can get directly connected to the plumbing preventing manual filling.